Protecting Your Sage 300 Data During Hurricane Season: A Must for All Sage Users

Sage 300 Backup

As the 2024 hurricane season approaches, businesses in vulnerable regions must proactively secure their data and ensure business continuity. For Sage 300 ERP users, this means protecting critical financial and operational data against potential threats by severe weather events such as tropical storms and hurricanes. Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center predict above-normal hurricane activity in the Atlantic basin this year. NOAA’s outlook for the 2024 Atlantic hurricane season, which spans from June 1 to November 30, forecasts an 85% chance of an above-normal season, a 10% chance of a near-normal season, and a 5% chance of a below-normal season. Given the heightened risk of an extremely active hurricane season, here is why it is essential to protect your data and back up your Sage 300 ERP system:

Prevent Data Loss

Tropical storms and hurricanes can cause significant disruptions, including power outages, flooding, and physical damage to infrastructure. These events can lead to data loss if systems are not backed up or hosted in a cloud environment. Losing critical data can cripple your business operations, leading to financial losses and damaging your reputation with customers.

Ensure Business Continuity

Having a robust data backup strategy ensures that your business can continue operating even if your physical location is compromised. Cloud backups and off-site storage options are vital for maintaining access to your Sage 300 data. If you cannot manage your business remotely, now is the time to explore options to protect your Sage 300 system before it’s too late.

Protect Against Cyber Threats

Natural disasters often coincide with increased cyberattacks, as cybercriminals exploit chaotic situations. Ensuring that your data is backed up and secure helps protect against potential ransomware attacks and other cyber threats. Acumen recommends daily backups so that your data has the best chance for a full recovery.

Compliance and Legal Obligations

Many businesses have legal and regulatory obligations to protect their data and ensure its availability. Whether you have an IT team or a third party, failing to back up your data and secure your systems can result in non-compliance with these regulations, leading to legal consequences and fines. Proper data protection practices and employee training can help ensure that your team remains compliant even during a disaster like a hurricane.

Peace of Mind

Knowing that your data is safe, and your team has reliable backups provides peace of mind. During hurricane season, this assurance allows you to focus on other critical aspects of disaster preparedness, such as protecting your employees and physical assets. A well-prepared backup plan minimizes the stress and anxiety associated with a natural disaster, enabling your team to coordinate effectively and take control of the situation.

Steps on How to Back Up Your Sage 300

For detailed instructions on how to back up your Sage 300 ERP, watch this video:

Need Help Backing Up Your Sage 300 ERP? Contact Acumen

Protecting your data and backing up your systems during hurricane season is not just a best practice but a necessity. If you need assistance securing your Sage 300 ERP, contact Acumen today! Our team of experts is here to help and provide cloud-hosting options so your business can remain resilient in the face of natural disasters. Reach out to Acumen and give your business peace of mind!

Related Posts

Need Sage Support?

Click below to get in touch with the software and technology experts at Acumen Information Systems if you want information, pricing, a demo, or support for Sage.