Why Customers Choose Acumen
You Get Access to The Best People
With over 100 years of combined experience in business management software, Acumen Information Systems is a leading technology provider that’s home to many of the top Sage 300 experts in North America. We’re a Platinum-level Sage reseller and a member of the Sage Product Advisory and Business Partner councils, offering direct access to key people within Sage.
You Get More Out of Your ERP Investment
With a focus on growing businesses, our primary goal is to help customers maximize their technology investment, while taking their companies to the next level. Our team of highly-skilled consultants and technology experts have managed the software implementation process across a wide range of companies and industries and are able to squeeze every dollar of value out of your ERP system.
You Stay Informed and Up to Date
In addition to the core accounting tools of Sage 300 and Sage Intacct, we also have expertise in complimentary solutions such as CRM, Fixed Assets, Human Resources, Payroll and Document Management. All of these solutions are also featured in our regular educational webinar series.
How it All Began …
Scott Halliday and Nick Nabozny began working together in 2000 at a large regional public accounting firm in Buffalo, N.Y. They worked in the same department but were charged with very different responsibilities: Halliday was hired to manage the firm’s 175-person network and Nabozny was hired as a Sage Accpac Consultant. They first worked together to redesign/rebuild the firm’s website, working closely – literally, as their first six months were spent in a cramped server closet – to complete the project.
After the website was finished, Halliday stabilized the firm’s network to a point where managing it was no longer a full-time job, so Nabozny and the Sage Accpac team asked Halliday to use his programming talents to help them. Together, they created macros and import routines that automated data entry and increased efficiency for their clients. This is where Halliday’s long-term role in the department began to change.
A Great Working Relationship
Over the next few years, Halliday and Nabozny continued to work on implementations and improving their skill sets. They were both formally trained in Solution Selling and became part of the small subset of consultants who set up and delivered demos to prospects based on early needs analysis information. Nabozny and Halliday were also sent for training in problem-solving, decision-making, and project management. For the last few years of their stay in Buffalo, they managed clients throughout the whole process – from purchase to implementation and continuing into ongoing maintenance and upgrades. They also trained and managed a small team of consultants.
Moving South to Florida
In 2004, Halliday decided to escape the Buffalo cold and snow and moved to Florida. He went to work for a major Sage Accpac partner in their Tampa/St. Petersburg office, where he was able to leverage his Buffalo-learned skills and begin working with several of his new firm’s offices. In April 2004, the Miami office was looking for an experienced consultant; Halliday suggested Nabozny, who also escaped the Buffalo cold and snow and joined the team.
Acumen Information Systems is Born
Halliday and Nabozny continued to work closely together over the next four years, expanding their experience into different industries, software products, and even countries. In late 2008, they founded Acumen Information Systems, which was quickly recognized by Sage as an up-and-coming reseller and selected to join Sage’s “Fast Track For Growth” program.
Acumen Information Systems now serves both privately and publicly held companies covering a wide range of industries in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, the Bahamas, and the Caribbean.
Our professional relationships are very important to us, and so we pledge our highest level of service to you and look forward to demonstrating our capabilities to those with whom we interact.
In that spirit, it is our promise that:
- We will act with integrity in everything we do for and with you.
- Our services and products will be of exceptional quality and designed to assist you in achieving your unique goals.
- We will act as a team in all our dealings with you
- We will offer you full access to our range of expertise.
- We will provide consistent and proactive communication throughout our relationship.
- We will meet the deadlines we mutually set.
- We will absolutely respect the confidentiality of our working relationship.
Our mission at Acumen Information Systems is to reduce your daily challenges, implement automated Business Management solutions and provide you with advice and guidance by using the right solutions you need to allow your business to grow in the right direction.
Acumen’s Project Management Team plays a major role in your success. Our Project Managers manage new clients as well as support existing clients through maintenance and upgrades.
Choosing to work with Acumen Information Systems gives you the best chance of success, as our teams haveextensive knowledge and experience in large and small scale implementations. We know that your business is unique, and our flexible approach allows us to plan an implementation that is as unique as you are.
Our team is proactively involved from the outset of each project and will:
- Ensure that your understanding of the process is clear
- Highlight, assess, and discuss with you any risks involved
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of everyone involved
- Outline the intended work flow of project delivery
- Define the rules of engagement for the management of the project
- Detail the requirements throughout the project lifecycle
In addition, to ensure the success of your project, all of our Project Managers are qualified with Sage and complete annual examinations to remain Sage accredited.
Every organization puts regular time aside to assess and review their strategic plans. Our team here at Acumen have invested an abundance of time with our clients and prospects to understand those plans, advise on those plans and execute those plans by implementing a business management system to compliment them.
Business leaders need to determine where to spend time, resources and money, we breakdown the difficulty in planning and work closely with our prospects and clients to ensure those goals and ambitions are achieved and the business management system does not stifle creativity and growth.
Our experts at Acumen will work with you to:
- Understand your current situation and assess your needs by taking the time to understand your business and culture. This may include internal audits and external audits to assess your competition and your industry
- Assess what is important to you and your enterprise and understand your goals and ambitions and how you think you can realize them
- Define your system needs and spend time, significant time analyzing and documenting your priorities
- Our consultants will challenge your current business processes if they feel they need revising or amending
- Define accountability within your organization, without accountability it just won’t work
- Continuously review your plans and revise them if required, this is not a one off project, this is a relationship built upon success, honesty and integrity but will need regular reviews to ensure those strategic plans are achieved
What Customers Say
“Acumen gives me a peace-of-mind when it comes to our system. They listen to what I have to say, understand our business, and find solutions to fix my issues within minutes. Having access to Sage on the cloud server has been amazing!”
“I chose Acumen for Sage 300 support because I can talk to them about accounting, our IT guy talks to them about technical stuff, and everything is just smooth and frustration-free. It’s a perfect balance of accounting and technology – a match made in heaven.”
“Acumen has some of the best and most talented Sage 300 consultants we have seen and heard about. When I compare our experiences to others who use Sage 300 we simply don’t see a lot of the issues they do. Acumen is responsive to our needs, and they are always there if I need help.”